Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ashley Connelly, Week 10, 11, 12, Madrid

Hey all,

This is my final blog post as my time in Spain has ended. The past three weeks have mainly consisted of visiting tourist sites in Madrid and doing everything I wanted to do, but hadn't been able to do yet. I went to Circulo Belles Artes' terrace to enjoy some tinto de verano while overlooking Gran Via. In addition to CBA, I made sure to spend some time in Retiro and visit the Prado again. My last few weeks in Madrid made me realize how much I am going to miss being able to ride the Metro and go somewhere like the Prado- one of the greatest art museums- or Retiro- one of the most beautiful parks. Ann Arbor and Michigan definitely don't have the history or allure of Madrid

CBA
Besides doing some last minute exploring in Madrid, I took a trip to Morocco my last weekend abroad. It was one of the best experiences of my life. We took a day tour where we visited a Berber market and house, climbed a mountain, rode a camel, and ate the best food I've ever tasted. The nest day we explored the souk in Marrakech and did some bartering. We also got incredibly lost because there seemed to be no street signs, but we enjoyed wandering the streets and discovering Marrakech that way. For example, we stumbled upon a museum and the owner let us see the old hall for concubines that was closed to the public. And, we met a a guy at a spice store who gave us a tour of all his spices and gave us a sample of tea (which my friend eventually bought). It was such an amazing experience and I'm glad I took advantage of my location in Spain to go. 
Compilation of all the amazing food I ate in Morocco 

Climbing a mountain with Said 

One of the beautiful waterfalls 

the souk in Marrakech


No comments:

Post a Comment