Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ejona Korcari, Week 12, Tirana Albania



This is the last week we are working at the Ministry. We talked with our supervisor and she agreed that we spend the rest of the time left in Albania with our family and friends. In the Ministry currently there is not a lot of space because the building is under construction. This is the best time to do this because most of the people are going in holiday, so the less workers, the easier to make changes. Even the Minister and our supervisor are going on vocations during this month. August is the peak of the touristic season in Albania. I wrapped up the translation I had to do about the Tourism Package and now I am all done. It was long and tiring. This was a document that i had to be careful to translate it with no mistakes. This is a long term plan on what Albania has to change about tourism, how to improve tourism services, what measurements to take, and their consequences. Also we helped with some small things at the National Coastal Agency. On our last day we went to say Goodbye to everyone we worked with in the Ministry. It was a bittersweet moment. I am happy I get to go back to USA, but because we spent so much time in here, I am sad we are leaving. I made so many new friends and built so many connections.We promised to keep in touch through emails and social media, so I hope we continue talking. It was a pleasure to work with everyone and I will miss all those wonderful people who taught me a lot of things and skills. They always identified us 3 as a group, so I will miss Enxhi and Kledia too. 
At the Minister's office

Outside of the Ministry on our last day

No comments:

Post a Comment