Monday, May 12, 2014

Hello! Turkey is a very beautiful country with incredibly friendly people. I think that is one of the things that stood out most to me. All the students that we would be teaching came to our room to introduce themselves and offered to take us around the city. The center of downtown Ankara is called Kizilay, and is very busy and about a 15 minute bus ride. It is full of trees and roaming dogs. There are lots of fun things to do in the city and the food is delicious. My favorite dish so far is called iskender and it is beef put on top of bread with rice on the side. This weekend we went to Capadoccia, and got to see the beautiful rock formations there. We went hiking through them and explored the surrounding caves. The hotel we stayed and was very nice and the owner was friendly. He has lived there his whole life so he showed us around the city and made us a traditional Turkish kabob. I really love Turkey and can't wait to further explore this beautiful country! 


1 comment:

  1. Eric,

    My name is Tammy Mida and I am interning in the LSA International Internship office this summer. I will be reading and responding to your blog posts.

    Don't forget to put your name and country/city in the title of your post. Living and working in a difference country is a big change, so it means so much when people are hospitable! The picture with the hot air balloons looks like it came from a magazine- amazing!!

    I'm wondering how your first week on the job was, as well as your experience where you are living. Was it what you expected?

    I look forward to your next post. Enjoy!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete