Friday, May 23, 2014

Tony- Cusco, Peru Week 2



My first full week at my volunteer project went great. I lead the kids in their physical education without supervision from the traditional professor for the first time. It was a little scary at first, but the kids stayed respectful as they consider and even call me a professor.

The landscapes I visited this past weekend were beautiful. A few of the fellow volunteers and I visited Urubamba, Pisac, Ollantaytambo, and Chinchero. Here is a photo of Pisac:



and Urubamba:


1 comment:

  1. Tony,

    Thanks for posting. What age group are your students? That's great that you were able to teach the class "unsupervised"- it's quite a feeling, isn't it?! What type of activities did you do? Something fun to do would be to have them teach you about a native game/activity that they play and then you could teach them about a typical game in the U.S. When I taught pre-school abroad, I taught the kids how to play red light, green light. They loved it!

    Is anything surprising you? How is the food?

    Best,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete