Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Nabeel - Istanbul - Week 6

Post Taken from Personal Blog:
__________________________________________
To the Mediterranean Coast of Antalya

Hello all I am sad to say that this post will mark the last of my posts about my experiences in Turkey. I am currently writing from my dorm room in South Korea one week after I left Turkey. I've been a little preoccupied so I have neglected my blog quite a bit until now. Anyway I would like to devote this post solely to sharing my pictures from my holiday in Antalya. Hopefully I will be a little more succinct than my previous posts.

I spent 4 nights and 5 days in Antalya. I was on the same itinerary as one of my friends from Ozyegin University, an Italian international student named Massimo. We spent a majority of our time staying with another international student from Switzerland who is originally Turkish so his family had a lovely home a stone's throw away from the coast. This made our trip very frugal. Basically our days were spent on the beach and our nights were spent walking around the old town, AKA Kaleici.

On our first day we went to a public beach (Lara Beach) that was really crowded and the beach was pretty full of trash. I did not take any photos of this beach just because I felt it was just like any other public beach around the world.
The next day our Swiss host showed us a much cleaner and emptier part of Lara Beach between the big tourist hotels of Antalya.


We found the famous strip of restaurants with umbrellas overhead in the Old Town area of Antalya. We ate here a few times during our stay.
Caught this wonderful family taking a selfie in front of some old gate :) 

This is from a cliff overlooking Konyaalti Beach. This beach is a stone beach so it was pretty difficult to walk bear foot on but laying on the rocks was pretty therapeutic because they were so smooth. I napped for a good 2 hours on this beach.



These cliffs were great for swimming and the view was excellent but it was extremely hard to find a place comfortable enough for soaking up the rays. I wish I had brought goggles with me because it seemed like a great place for snorkeling.

The rainbow at the bottom of the waterfalls. We were walking along the coastline in search of these famous waterfalls named Duden falls. It was definitely worth the extra mile.There was also a bridge were you could walk right over the delta of the falls. 

So that's all I could share with you from Turkey. Please keep your eyes out for my posts about life in South Korea. If you want to hear more about Turkey just shoot me message and I'll be more than happy to tell you everything I could not fit or explain on this blog. I'll be writing to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Nabeel,

    Your last post was wonderful! Thanks for sharing your pictures. It is great that you were able to network and connect with a few other international students, especially the student who provided housing during your trip. It's wonderful how things fall together!

    Best of luck in Korea!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete