Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pareesa- Week 5 Istanbul

Week 5 consisted mostly of me wandering around Istanbul and ending up at various mosques to offer daily prayers. I find the architecture is pretty much the same with all the mosques but with a little bit of color variations. I enjoy going to these buildings and seeing the rows of people line up and move in unison. In the bustling city, there is always a moment of peace to seek solace in here.
Near Kabatas

kilicali pasa Camiii

domes of the Yeni Camii (New Mosque)
The New Mosque is by far my favorite--it may not be as well known as the Blue Mosque or the Suleymaniye but I'm still biased to it. Infact I remember during my second week in Istanbul, taking a short break from the sun here--and dozing off for a bit. Since then it has been one of my favorite places to go to!

1 comment:

  1. Pareesa,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the mosque. Isn't it nice when something is just a good fit? SO relaxing!

    Best,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete