Monday, July 28, 2014

Tony- Cusco, Peru Week 11

I spent my second to last weekend traveling to Machupicchu. he journey there was just as enjoyable as the destination. There were many beautiful sights along the way.


This was my final week at my volunteer project as well. The school has a two week vacation that starts on Peru's Independence Day on July 28. On my last day I gave a short goodbye speech to one of my groups of kids and had lunch with about 20 of the professors after school. The professors and I made sure to swap contact details and give genuine goodbyes. It was very heartwarming.

During my final week, I will explore as much of the nearby cities as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Tony,

    I can't wait to hear about your travels during your last week! Was it difficult to deliver the "goodbye" speech? Were the students upset?

    Machupicchu sounds just stunning. Hopefully I get to visit one day!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete