Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Alexandra Page - Morocco - Week 6

This was the last week for most of the girls and all of the UM girls except me so we packed in a lot of fun things around Rabat! During the week we shopped in the medina for souvenirs, saw our Moroccan friends which is always a blast, and tried to watch as much of the world cup as possible. Unfortunately it's kind of tricky because no cafes stay open for the late games and it's almost exclusively men watching/interested but I've found ways to watch!

Work was a bit slower this week with a lot of half days. Monday we helped with painting and crafts. Tuesday's are my favorite because we get to play with the little kids so it's easy to communicate and bond; plus their energy never lets up so it keeps me going early in the morning! Wednesday was basketball, Thursday sports, and Friday we had off. Friday was my roommate (from Ohio University)'s last day so we saw some old roman ruins here in Rabat as well as Hassan II tour again. And we ate lots of delicious ice cream! At night our family had a woman over to do henna so we had one last bonding night at home :) the sisters are so nice!

Saturday was a few other girls last day so it was filled with ice cream and wandering and shopping. Sunday was my favorite because after being at the beach and swimming in the ocean and a day of delicious food and friends, we met up with our Moroccan friends at a cafe to watch the game. They taught us different hilarious dances and then around midnight we decided we had to do something memorable for Katrina's last day in Morocco so we jumped off a pier in all of our clothes! At first our friends thought we were crazy but then they joined and it was just too fun. I think I'll remember it forever.

Next week I will post lots of pictures because I'll be able to use my laptop at home...and this time home means the USA :( I don't want to leave!!!

1 comment:

  1. Alexandra,

    It's always so sad to say goodbye to friends. The good thing, though, is that it's easier than ever now to keep in touch (with Facebook, Instagram, etc.). I'm glad work continues to go well. You sound like a girl after my own hear- I LOVE ice cream! It's a great way to celebrate anything (at least I think so!). I can't wait to see your pictures!

    Best,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete