Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Jennifer Zhou, Week 3, Istanbul

We met up with two other UofM students in Istanbul and traveled to Antalya this past weekend! I honestly preferred Antayla to that of Istanbul. It was touristy to an extent but it wasn't as crowded. I thought there was a good combination of modernism and quaintness.
Here I am at Hadrian's Gate! It's a magnificent structure. 

We visited Pamakkaule the day before. Really beautiful hot springs and white rocks.

Probably my favorite thing in Antayla was going to the Sefa Hamam for a Turkish bath. It is one of the oldest in the country and they were absolutely wonderful. I loved it so much I came back on my last day for the olive oil massage!I felt very relaxed and my skin is sosososo soft. 

Here is Hierpapolis! I'm not big on ruins but wow what a sight.

We visited the world renown Archaeolgy museum is outstanding with numerous exhibits.  The collections are vast and everything incredibly well preserved. I am pretending to be a sphinx here! Hehe.
More to come!


1 comment:

  1. Jennifer,

    Thanks for posting! The pictures are just wonderful. You're an impressive sphinx! It seems like you've done quite a bit of traveling around to see the "sights". That's great! Even if you're not easily impressed by ruins, the ruins in your picture are beautiful.

    How is work going? What kind of responsibilities have you taken on?

    Best,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete