Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lejing-Istanbul-Week 3

The third week in Istanbul was a very exciting one. We took the Friday and the following Monday off to visit Pamukkale and Antalya wıth Jennifer Zhou and Boming.
 The hot spring in Pamukkale. Very very beautiful. We got to take off our shoes and walk on the white stone.
 The ancient Roman ruins. This was a theater and later was used as a swimming pool, although I wonder how.
The fancy hotel we stayed in. Very authentic Turkish design and good breakfast!

We arrived in Antalya late Friday evening. Antalya is along the Mediterranean Sea Coast. It is a pretty modern city and was not as crowded as Istanbul.
 The Mediterranean Sea.
 The clock tower in Antalya.
 The arrogant peacock in the Antalya museum.
The umbrella street we saw on a picture and successfully found it.

It was a wonderful trip thanks to my friends who made it possible.

1 comment:

  1. Lejing,

    Again, your pictures are so vibrant! Why was the peacock so "arrogant"? That made me laugh. I can't believe that the theater was once a swimming pool. Another intern posted about that and it blew my mind! I think that it would be impossible...

    How is work going? I would really like to hear about what you're doing there and see some pictures too!!

    Best,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete