Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tony- Cusco, Peru Week 4

At my volunteer project, the sport of the month has officially shifted from volleyball to basketball. Most of the kids, especially the girls, surprised me with their skill at volleyball. I definitely had to keep up as seen in the picture below. Teaching basketball skills is more difficult as many of the children do not play it as regularly as other sports.



So I don't regret wasting any time, I plan on taking many succesive weekend trips right away. First I will visit some national parks near the Amazon rainforest. After that, and in no particular order, I would like to go to Lake Titicaca, Arequipa, and some border countries as well.

2 comments:

  1. Tony,

    Thanks for your post. It's helpful that you included your week abroad in the title!

    Basketball is a tough sport to teach- that's for sure. There are a lot of movements going on simultaneously. What sport is next? I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories about your upcoming adventures. Don't forget about the photo contest!

    Best,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Football (Soccer) is the next sport.

    ReplyDelete