Monday, June 9, 2014

Boming Istanbul Week 4

This weekend we took a four day trip to Pammukkale and Antalya. We first flew to Denizli, then took a bus to Antalya from there, and finally flew back to Istanbul. We got to see different scenery and tried different food during our trip.
                                          First meal in Pammukkale, chicken kebap, it was just that good that I have to post it...
                                          Hierapolis, the roman ruins at the south of Pammukkale
                                         One of the ancient ruins theatre, it says that it was once used as a pool for exotic fish (?)
                                                   Lejing told me to be artsy when taking this picture...
                                                    The salt formations at north of Pammukkale
                                                   We tried mud bath after touring Pammukkale, taking pictures was more fun than the bath itself haha. I felt like I would become a statue when the mud started getting more and more dry.
                                                   Lejing on the lovely tram in Antalya
                                We visited the archeology museum in Antalya. It was one of my favorite museums in Turkey. The amount of collections triumphs other museums I've visited in Turkey. We spent around 2 hours there. The picture shows a roman coffin for (maybe the royals, memory got blurry), it's covered by cravings like these, and together they are telling either a real life story or a myth. My picture doesn't do justice to the amazing artistic value of this art work, you just have to see it yourself if you had the chance.
                                                   Somehow we ended up at a snow museum...Feels like back to Michigan instantly
Duden waterfalls (directly goes into the sea)
Though we spent significantly more time in Antalya because it was supposedly more fun and had more places to go to, I personally like Pammukkale better. Because it's a place where you can see natural beauty (the salt formations) and historic ruins at the same time. Hierapolis reminded me a lot of The Lord of Rings and stories of that sort. It was a great place to let imaginations fly. 

2 comments:

  1. Boming,

    It sounds like you're having a great time traveling. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'm glad that you're taking advantage of it! The theater used to be a tank for exotic fish? How is that possible?! I may have to research this a bit more...

    I'm glad that you really enjoyed the more "historical" parts of the trip, especially the archaeology museum. I'll have to take your word about the coffin because I don't think I'll ever have the chance to make a trip over there.

    Keep the pictures coming. I love the snow igloo! It's beautiful back here in Michigan! 80's and sunny!

    Best,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say that the waterfall picture looks like a professional shot. It's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete