Monday, June 9, 2014

Lilly Farahani_Ankara_Week 5

I can't believe I only have two weeks left in Turkey. This week for work we have mainly been holding clubs with the students. I usually help facilitate social club which consists of playing scrabble with the students. There are several instants when I practice speaking with the students one-on-one, usually right before they are about to have a speaking exam.

This week we went to a cute little dessert place in the mall right near our dorm. We got these little fondue makers. One thing I'm definitely going to miss about Turkey is how cheap everything is.












This week we travelled to Pumukkale and Denizli. The springs were just as beautiful in person as they were in the pictures I had seen before hand. We also got to see the greek ruins there. Pumukkale has definitely been the most touristy place I've visited in Turkey so far. One attraction near the springs was the "Doctor Fish" pedicures. It was one of the weirdest feeling things I have ever done. I have to say, though, it definitely worked.
The picture above is one of the Greek ruins we saw on our hike up to the Salt Pools.
I can't wait to see what my last few weeks in Turkey hold for me!



 We got to swim in the salt pools. The water was so blue, and the scenery looked unreal. It was extremely crowded though. We managed to go to one of the lower pools where less tourists had travelled to and relax a bit.
Our view on our hike. The ruins have been preserved very well. 

1 comment:

  1. Lilly,

    I'm glad that work is going well for you. Do you find social club to be beneficial to the students? Pamukkale looks absolutely stunning. I'm wondering if the water was cold or warm. I can't believe you let little fish suck on your feet! That had to be the most bizarre feeling, but I guess that's the price you pay for beauty :)

    I am looking forward to your next post! Please take some pictures at work if possible. Don't forget to represent UM- GO BLUE!

    Best,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete