Sunday, June 15, 2014

Jaclyn, Cardiff - Week 5

My weeks keep getting more and more wacky… and I'm loving every second of it.

Friday was the Recruitment Team day out. Everyone keeps joking that I timed my visit perfectly because I made the biannual team day out AND the biennial Company Party (which is next weekend!)
So Friday morning went by quickly… the day started out with a bit of dressing up, continued with some incredible teamwork to tackle a giant stack of paperwork, and led to me introducing my Welsh coworkers to s'mores! I had been telling them all about s'mores for the last four weeks since I figured out they didn't know what s'mores were. The UK doesn't have graham crackers… the closest equivalent is digestive biscuits. So I imported some Nabisco graham crackers, Kraft jet-puffed marshmallows, and sent my coworker Ian to an American candy store to pick up the Hershey bars and...


 

….they were a huge hit! Everyone loved them. There was melted chocolate and marshmallow everywhere, but it was worth it.



The day continued with a train ride to Swansea to meet up with the Swansea Recruitment Team for our group day out. We began our bonding by grabbing some drinks and eating tapas. The food was incredible, the drinks were refreshing, and the conversation was full of laughs.



Of course we had to take some team photos...













And I had to include at least one photo of our dessert. (Would have taken pictures of the food, but it was too good to stop for photos!)


After we finished with our tapas, we headed downstairs to our cocktail-making class!! Waiting for us were 12 glasses of Pims! Delicious cocktail.
                                                                    
 We learned how to make mojitos and strawberry daiquiris! Overall it was an incredible day and I had the best time bonding with a group of people who work so hard every day, yet always manage to keep smiles on their faces.

And lucky me, I even got a Facebook shout-out :)



On Saturday, it hit 21 degrees Celcius before 9:30 in the morning! That's about 70 degrees Fahrenheit which is crazy warm for Wales where it rains 99% of the time. 




Lucky for me and my friends because Saturday was also the Cardiff Color Festival, which wouldn't have been as fun had it been pouring.


 Amy and I!










I'd never been to any kind of Color Fest before, so it was an incredible experience. Very messy though!

My crazy fun weekend ended with TGI Fridays, shopping, and coffee/muffins with Amy.


This is my "Burger Face"


(Can't tell you the amount of burgers I've had since I've been here…)

Coffee and muffins to end a fun-filled weekend!

Week 5 starts tomorrow and I can't wait! Company party, where Olly Murs happens to be performing, in T-6 days!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jaclyn,

    This post is great! I love all of the pictures, the screen shot, and your descriptions. It sounds like you had a really fun time with your coworkers. I'm wondering if my boss would ever take my colleagues and I to a cocktail making class; I'm thinking not!

    They don't have graham crackers? I've traveled to the UK a few times and never realized this. That's awesome that you were able to share a bit of the U.S.- even better that it was a huge hit. Who doesn't like s'mores?

    Is the Color Festival like the color run? It looks like a blast. The food looks delicious too! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to your next post.

    Best,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete